Thursday 4 March 2010

The Westminster Confession of Faith : Part 2

 

CHAPTER 1 OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURE continued…

2. Under the name of Holy Scripture, or the Word of God written, are now contained all the books of the Old and New Testaments, which are these:
Of the Old Testament:
Genesis
II Chronicles
Daniel
Exodus
Ezra
Hosea
Leviticus
Nehemiah
Joel
Numbers
Esther
Amos
Deuteronomy
Job
Obadiah
Joshua
Psalms
Jonah
Judges
Proverbs
Micah
Ruth
Ecclesiastes
Nahum
I Samuel
The Song of Songs
Habakkuk
II Samuel
Isaiah
Zephaniah
I Kings
Jeremiah
Haggai
II Kings
Lamentations
Zechariah
I Chronicles
Ezekiel
Malachi

Of the New Testament:
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
The Acts of the Apostles
Galatians
Ephesians
James
Peter 1
Peter 2
Philippians
Colossians
Thessalonians I
Thessalonians II
John 1
John 2
John 3
Timothy I
Timothy II
Titus
Romans
Philemon
Jude
Corinthians I
Corinthians II
Hebrews
Revelation

All which are given by inspiration of God to be the rule of faith and life.

No comments: