Saturday 20 March 2010

The Westminster Confession of Faith : Part 11

CHAPTER 2 OF GOD, AND OF THE HOLY TRINITY continued…


1. There is but one only, living, and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions; immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute; working all things according to the counsel of his own immutable and most righteous will, for his own glory; most loving, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin; the rewarder of them that diligently seek him; and withal, most just, and terrible in his judgments, hating all sin, and who will by no means clear the guilty.

Click here for a PDF of the full text. Click here for the background to the text.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to. If I have posted this on your blog before please forgive me. Sometimes it ain't easy being an Old Geezer.

God Bless You, Ron

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Very well written posts that you have on your blog. I enjoyed reading each of them. God bless, Lloyd

Covnitkepr1 said...

I'll follow as well.

Davy Mitchell said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Good to have you here :-)